Dr. Andrew S. Dixon
Dr. Andrew Dixon, a native of Huntington, West Virginia, is the Principal Doctor and Owner of Dixon Center for Integrative Health Care since 1989. Dr. Dixon is a graduate of Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia. Dr. Dixon's commitment to family care over the past twenty years has enabled him to deliver the most comprehensive patient specific treatment to his patients and help their overall functional capability. Dr. Dixon has been a member of many community boards including the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce and the Tennessee Chiropractic Association as well as a member of the American Chiropractic Association and the American Chiropractic Association Sports Council. Dr. Dixon enjoys weight lifting, fishing and spending time with his family.
2015: The Tennessee Chiropractic Association (TCA) awarded Dr. Andrew Dixon of Bellevue with one of the Association’s highest honors, Chiropractor of the Year. “The doctor who receives this award demonstrates a spirit of exemplary service to their profession, the TCA and their community,” Tiffany Stevens, executive director of the Tennessee Chiropractic Association, said. “A valued leader with a quick wit, who is even quicker to serve others, Dr. Andy Dixon has been a steady constant for chiropractic in Tennessee. Our organization is proud to honor such a dedicated chiropractic physician.”
Originally from West Virginia, he attended Marshall University where he was involved in numerous sports until sidelined by injury. Personally experiencing the benefits of chiropractic care, he obtained his doctorate of chiropractic from Life Chiropractic College in 1986. In 1989 he opened Dixon Center of Chiropractic, now known as Dixon Center for Integrative Health Care.
He wasted no time volunteering his time with TCA and was elected Director of District 5 in 1995. Dr. Dixon was also recognized by his peers as Young Chiropractor of the Year in1997 before serving as Treasurer, Vice President, and finally President in 2014.
Among the leadership positions in his profession, he has contributed greatly to his community, as a member of the Bellevue Lions Club, Vice President of the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce and volunteers on the Outpatient Diagnostic Center Chiropractic Advisory Board.
Well-regarded for his laid back personality, when it comes to chiropractic Dr. Dixon is all business. In over 20 years, he has never lost his passion for the profession that he loves nor the drive to stand up and fight for the rights of chiropractic physicians and the patients they serve.
The Tennessee Chiropractic Association is a dynamic advocate for chiropractic, driven to support all of Tennessee’s licensed physicians, their practices and the patients they represent. TCA works toward equal recognition and participation for chiropractic in government health care programs, in private insurance plans and in all other health care arenas impacting the delivery of health care to the people of Tennessee. For more information visit www.TNChiro.com.
- 1985 - 1986: Life Chiropractic College - X-ray Internship
- 1984 - 1986: Life Chiropractic College - Outpatient Clinic Internship
- 1982 - 1986: Life Chiropractic College - Doctor of Chiropractic
- 1989 - Present: Principal Doctor and Owner - Dixon Center of Chiropractic, Inc.
- 1987 - 1989: Clinic Doctor - United Chiropractic Clinic
- 1986: Associate Doctor - Nease Chiropractic Clinic
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Certification
- Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic, Tennessee
- Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic, Florida
- Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic, West Virginia
- Member, American Chiropractic Association
- Member, American Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- Treasurer, Tennessee Chiropractic Association
- Board Member, Tennessee Chiropractic Association
- Ambassador, Bellevue Chamber of Commerce
- 2012: Vice President of the Tennessee Chiropractic Association
- 2014: President of the Tennessee Chiropractic Association