Posted on 09-13-2012
Dixon Center Offers Free Prostate Exams for National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
September 13, 2012, Bellevue, TN…..Dixon Center for Integrative Healthcare in Bellevue, TN is offering a Free Consultation, Free Prostate Exams and Discounted PSA Tests with a Certified Nurse Practitioner through the month of September for National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
Dr. Andrew Dixon, owner of Dixon Center, and Mikel Tereschuk, CNP, at the Dixon Center both have a personal interest in keeping the male population informed of their risks. Dr. Dixon and Ms. Tereschuk both lost close relatives due to prostate cancer and they want everyone to know the facts and how treatable prostate cancer is with early detection.
Prostate Cancer Facts:
- In the US in 2012, there have been 241,740 new cases of prostate cancer and 28,170 deaths from prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in American men.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- The average age of diagnosis is 67.
- The 5 year survival rate for cancer that has not spread outside the prostate is nearly 100%.
Who Should Get Prostate Testing?
- Starting at age 50, men should talk to a provider about the pros and cons of testing.
- If they are African American, have a father or brother who has had prostate cancer before age 65, men should talk to a provider starting at age 45.
- Testing includes PSA blood test with, or without, rectal exam*
If you wish to take advantage of this potentially lifesaving opportunity, call Dixon Center today to book a same day appointment at