Posted on 10-04-2012
Dixon Center Offers Free Breast Exams for
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Dixon Center for Integrative Healthcare is offering FREE BREAST EXAMS by our Certified Nurse Practitioner for men and women through October for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Dixon Center is also offering ONE FREE CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENT to any Breast Cancer Patient or Survivor through October.
Dr. Andrew Dixon, owner of Dixon Center, and Mikel Tereschuk, CNP, at the Dixon Center know that early detection tests for breast cancer saves thousands of lives each year, and that many more lives could be saved if more women take advantage of these tests with their health care providers.
Breast Cancer Facts:
- In 2012 in the U.S., it is estimated there will be:
- 226,870 new cases of invasive breast cancer; 2,190 will be men.
- 39,510 deaths from breast cancer; 410 will be men.
- Breast cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death in American women.
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in their lifetime.
- 85% of breast cancers occur in women with no family history.
- More than 2.6 million people in the U.S. diagnosed with breast cancer are still living.
Who Should Get Breast Exams?
- Women with family history or high risk factors.
- Starting at age 20, women should begin Breast Self Examinations (BSE).
- Women in their 20's or 30's, should get a Clinical Breast Examination (CBE) from a health care provider at least every 3 years.
- Women in their 40's should begin yearly mammogram screenings.
If you wish to take advantage of this potentially lifesaving opportunity, call Dixon Center today to book a same day appointment at
About Dixon Center for Integrative Healthcare
Dixon Center for Integrative Healthcare has been serving Nashville and the Bellevue community for over 20 years. As a team, the doctors of Dixon Center for Integrative Health offer a broad range of services including: chiropractic care and medical care. We bring you the latest advancements in chiropractic care, physical modalities, and musculoskeletal treatment. New offerings include weight loss, nutrition counseling, pain management, and sports physicals.
About Dr. Andrew Dixon
Dr. Andrew Dixon is the Principal Doctor and Owner of Dixon Center of Chiropractic since 1989.
Dr. Dixon's commitment to family care over the past twenty years has enabled him to deliver the
most comprehensive patient specific treatment to his patients and help their overall functional capability. Dr. Dixon has been a member of many community boards including the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce and the Tennessee Chiropractic Association as well as a member of the American Chiropractic Association and the American Chiropractic Association Sports Council.